If you have ever heard of a keylogger or computer monitoring, then you have heard of computer spy software. These are typically used to keep an eye on your teenagers, employees, or spouse’s computer use. These work well in catching things that should not be going on while they are on the computer. Check out the list we’ve compiled for you below from Emeditems.com.
What happens is that the computer spy software will make a record of all activities on the computer, without trapping or tracking. No one will even know the software exists, because it runs in the background unnoticed. Everything is recorded from chat conversations to keystrokes, and even stored data, viewed files, and websites the user has visited.
You have your choice from thousands of programs available when it comes to computer spy software. Some work really well, such as the one from the Spy Shop, and others are nothing more than hype, ready to take advantage of your computer access. In most cases, anti-virus, spy, or spam software such as Norton or MacAfee will not detect the program, thanks to proper coding; therefore, the user will never know the program exists.
If you suspect your employees of playing games, visiting unwanted websites, or talking with the competition, a computer spy software program might be just what you need as evidence. The same goes for cheating spouses. Many times, as this has become evident throughout the internet existence, thanks to dating sites and pornography, spouses turn to the internet. What may start out as innocent chatting, often becomes so much more, which could even result in real life meetings.
A good computer spy … Read the more
Today, more and more people are using their computers for everything from communication to online banking and investing to shopping. As we do these things on a more regular basis, we open ourselves up to potential hackers, attackers and crackers. While some may be looking to phish your personal information and identity for resale, others simply just want to use your computer as a platform from which to attack other unknowing targets. Below are a few easy, cost-effective steps you can take to make your computer more secure.
1. Always make backups of important information and store in a safe place separate from your computer.
2. Update and patch your operating system, web browser and software frequently. If you have a Windows operating system, start by going to www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com and running the update wizard. This program will help you find the latest patches for your Windows computer. Also go to www.officeupdate.microsoft.com to locate possible patches for your Office programs.
3. Install a firewall. Without a good firewall, viruses, worms, Trojans, malware and adware can all easily access your computer from the Internet. Consideration should be given to the benefits and differences between hardware and software based firewall programs.
5. Install antivirus software and set for automatic updates so that you receive the most current versions.
6. Do not open … Read the more